Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Asian Pacific Lunar Festival 2016








Asian Pacific Lunar Festival


The Asian Lunar festival was held on Saturday, January 30th in downtown Riverside,Ca. The first few shots were taken walking towards the festival.

(Art by - Jeff Soto/image below)


                       


(The first congregational church,and Parish house)




Riverside's finest even had a setup where the kids could get free stickers and pamphlets.


Many cosplayers hung out at the Chinese Pavilion (in the background) during the festival.


In front of the Riverside Museum 


Locals 


(cultures)



End of the festival blockade 


vendor goods



PEOPLE Walking around
(couldn't decide which to post,the color version or black and white)





(the Philippine table)


There was a lot to see, and many photographers out and about, with no shortage of subjects to shoot.


The image below was one of my favorites, because of the colors, and was one of those shots where I shot for the heck of it. 




Coming to the end of the festivities, my family and I went into the local museum.





Notice the window images. Look at the black and white version, and now look at the color version. Do you see the eye? I could not tell where it came from. The reflection of the window, or from somewhere else.














Local wildlife



The inside of the museum 




Collection of cameras


A few of my favorites from the collection




Passing the window on the second floor caught my eye


.....and out from the museum we went passing the church


Looking around one more time for something else to shoot,I always say look up.Photographers perspectives are pretty much the same,get low,shoot around waist levels,then eye level.Just remember look up.



The festival was fun. I thought I would have gotten some more shots of the festival and activities this year, but we showed up when none were scheduled earlier in the day. I recommend coming next yea,r and staying for the parade and fireworks and checking out the museums and galleries, or walking in and around the Mission inn.

Till next time thanks for viewing







No comments:

Post a Comment